10 Minutes is all it takes
Ready to Change?
Life coaching is a relatively new phenomenon. The purpose of a life coach is to help you create a life that fulfills you. Many people have touted the benefits, saying that their life coaches have changed their lives for the better.
If you’re wondering about hiring a life coach, consider these benefits:
1. You can finally decide what you want to be when you grow up. Life coaches are great at getting you to actually choose what you want for your life. You’ll get to design your ideal life to maximize your fulfillment.
2. You’ll raise your standards. Many of your challenges likely result from having standards that are too low. You may be too quick to settle, taking jobs that are beneath your capabilities or getting into relationships that don’t serve you. Your boundaries may be weak and undefined.
* A life coach will help you overcome these challenges.
3. You’ll be held accountable. If you decide on your own to start working out each morning and then you don’t follow through, you can tell yourself that you’ll start again tomorrow. On the other hand, a life coach will keep you to the task.
* One reason this strategy works is because most of us find letting others down to be painful. And most of us don’t like being in “trouble.”
4. Your life will become more balanced. We all tend to emphasize certain things and fail to give others enough emphasis. A life coach will force you to give adequate attention to all the areas of your life.
5. You’ll be forced to stretch yourself. Have you ever noticed that some people never change? They’re the same today as they were ten or more years ago. Life is about learning and applying that learning to get better results. If your life is always the same, you’re either not learning or not applying what you’ve learned.
* Your life coach will get you to do all of those things you should be doing and want to be doing, but can’t quite get yourself to do.
6. You’ll work through your challenges with an expert to support you. Dealing with challenges can be intimidating. Having an expert in your corner can make all the difference. Two heads really can be better than one. Sometimes all we need is a little encouragement and support. It can be a great way to get unstuck.
7. You’ll have someone that is just as excited by your successes as you are! Have you ever done something that fills you with pride, only to find out that your family, friends, or significant other seems less than impressed?
* Having someone cheer your successes creates momentum. Momentum allows you to accomplish even greater accomplishments.
8. You’ll solve challenges you didn’t even realize you had. Typically a coach is hired for a specific reason. But through the process of coaching, you’ll find that there are other issues that might be just as important. There’s no place to hide with a good life coach.
Life coaching can be a great idea if you feel that you’re stuck and truly want to change. Do you recognize yourself in the points listed above? Have you been trying to change your life but been unable to? If so, a life coach is likely to make a huge difference in your life.
On the other hand, if your life is right where you want it, a life coach might not be what you’re looking for.
Consider your desires and your ability to bring them about on your own. If you feel you could use some help, seeking the help of a life coach might be one of the best decisions you’ve ever made.
(c) 2019 Richard Butler Coaching WordPress Theme.